Marketing & Communications Specialist
Jones Foster is seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications Specialist to join our West Palm Beach office. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Business Development and collaborating across all departments and practice groups, this position is responsible for content creation, social media, website management, media relations, and event planning. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented professional who possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, basic graphic design experience, and the ability to work in a fast-paced legal environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Generating content and graphics for various platforms & mediums. Handling editorial planning, scheduling, interviewing, copywriting, editing, and proofing for marketing materials, website, media, advertorials, social media, video, client email campaigns, and intranet.
- Managing social media platforms and all postings per best practices.
- Maintaining website and assets.
- Implementing SEO best practices.
- Working with the administration team to research, implement, and roll out select technology platforms. Setting up and managing user profiles and data input, as needed.
- Conducting market research on topics and issues that impact the overall strategic marketing of the firm.
- Researching and managing sourcing and production of branded collateral and promotional items.
- Assisting in the coordination and preparation of award submissions.
- Distributing press releases to appropriate outlets, pitching ideas/stories, and developing opportunities for coverage of awards, honors, representative matters, events, thought leadership.
- Researching advertising opportunities.
- Working with Director to plan and execute all aspects of external Firm-sponsored events, including the community involvement program.
- Assisting attorneys, as needed, with industry events in which they are serving as speakers, moderators, or chairs.
- Updating and maintaining records for all relevant marketing projects and policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, InDesign, Mailchimp, Craft or WordPress.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience writing and editing projects; portfolio of relevant previous projects is highly preferred.
- Legal or professional services experience preferred.
Jones Foster provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This is a 40 hour per week position. Submit resume and salary requirements to Tammy Anton, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE