Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Jones Foster is seeking a qualified Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with previous law firm experience to lead our Accounting Department located in our West Palm Beach Office.
Jones Foster, a well-respected law firm has a century worth of sophisticated legal work in diverse practices including corporate & tax, land use & government, litigation dispute resolution, private wealth, trusts & estates and real estate.
This position reports to the Executive Director and works very closely with the Board of Directors, Practice Groups, Administrative Groups and Attorneys, in our three Palm Beach County offices. The position is available due to the retirement of a long-term employee.
● Oversee the accounting department whose responsibilities include billing, collections, accounts payable, payroll, matter opening, conflicts and accounting management.
● Review and prepare monthly financial statements, financial projections, cash flow reports and various management reports and deliver high-level presentations to the Board of Directors and various committees.
● Produce reports and complete various projects as assigned by the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
● Develop detailed budgets in collaboration with Executive Director and Administrative Managers, monitor and report on any variations.
● Maintain and monitor general ledger accounts to provide accurate reporting.
● Effectively manage our work in process and accounts receivables by meeting with billing attorneys on a regular basis.
● Develop and maintain relationships with our various banking institutions and related vendors.
● Work closely with our external accounting firm in coordinating corporate tax components and other related areas.
● Coordinate any departmental audits with outside companies.
● Maintain financial statements for various firm-related partnerships and entities.
● Maintain and manage corporate stock records, including issuing stock, updating stock registers and issuing and tracking notes for purchase of stock.
● Interface with the firm’s third-party administrator for the firm’s 401(k) profit-sharing plan, including preparing annual compliance reports, form 5500 reconciliation and serve on the 401(k) Profit Sharing Investment Committee.
● Prepare monthly Florida Tax Return and review, reconcile annual corporate tax returns.
Education and Experience:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or advanced degree; CPA certification preferred. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communications, analytical/problem-solving skills and supervisory experience are required. Previous experience in a law firm or service industry is necessary. A keen ability for forward-thinking and process improvement within the department is key.
Jones Foster, an Equal Opportunity Employer extends employment only to those who have the qualifications for a long-term career and the ability to function both independently and within a team environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a beautiful work environment.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and salary requirements in confidence to Ed Ratka, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.