Human Resources Manager
Jones Foster is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager to join our Professional Administrative Team. Located in West Palm Beach, Florida, this position reports directly to the Firm’s Executive Director.
The Human Resources Manager leads all HR processes, including management of the support staff and paralegals, recruiting, performance evaluations, employee training and orientation, and compliance with Firmwide Policies & Procedures and federal, state and/or local laws. The Manager will provide guidance and advice to all personnel regarding the employee lifecycle, enhance Firm culture and engagement through a variety of programs and initiatives, and compile and analyze employment data to guide strategic planning.
This position requires outstanding attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, effective written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. The ideal candidate will have the ability to make staffing decisions, apply sound judgment to resolve conflicts and issues, and possess strong interpersonal and relationship skills. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Major responsibilities include:
• Managing talent acquisition process, including sourcing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
• Training and performance management to ensure all employees are effective in their roles.
• Maintaining our Firm culture through the engagement of employees.
• Ongoing assessment of personnel and job assignments.
• Resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
• Administering disciplinary procedures and employee termination.
• Liaison to management and employees in maintaining a strong level of community and sense of culture.
• Maintaining confidential employee records, statistics, and conducting performance appraisals.
• Monitoring of absenteeism rates.
• Developing recommendations for improvement of the organization’s personnel policies and practices.
• Conducting exit interviews.
• Preparing budgets for personnel operations.
• Planning, organizing, and executing Firm social events such as attorney Socials, Holiday Luncheon, and other internal events.
• Develop creative solutions to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
• Ensuring all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations.
• Special assignments, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 8 – 10 years of Human Resources experience.
• More than 5 years of experience in an HR management level position.
• Previous experience in legal or similar professional services industry.
• Human Resources certification preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested applicants should submit a resume and salary requirements in confidence to Edwin A. Ratka at email@example.com.