Director of Marketing & Business Development
Jones Foster is seeking a qualified Director of Marketing & Business Development with previous law firm experience to lead our high-level, sophisticated marketing and business development efforts in our West Palm Beach office.
This role works closely with Jones Foster’s officers to establish, implement, and execute business objectives and ensure the Firm remains on track with the current marketing, business development, and communications strategy. The Director is responsible for supporting Practice Group and individual attorney business development plans to enhance client relationships and solidify the Firm’s position in the industry.
Strategic Branding & Planning
- Oversee the creation and implementation of all branding and communication touchpoints, including corporate collateral, advertising, events, website, blog, social media, and internal branding activities.
- Responsible for storytelling across all mediums; contribute to copywriting, editing, and proofing of content and materials.
- Responsible for maintaining the brand through the implementation of the corporate identity and brand guidelines.
- Plan and oversee community involvement program.
- Key liaison to creative and other external agencies.
Marketing & Business Development
- Develop and execute overall strategic marketing and business development plans aligned with firm goals.
- Participate in strategy meetings with stakeholders and develop new programs and initiatives to further the firm’s mission.
- Work with Practice Groups to create business development plans and establish their position within specialized industries.
- Assist practice groups with strategic planning and recruiting.
- Work with individual attorneys to develop business development plans, train, and assess ongoing effectiveness.
- Oversee attorney organizational involvement and propose sponsorship/involvement opportunities.
- Work closely with attorneys to position each as a thought leader and create opportunities for exposure.
- Implement and manage ongoing client relations program and efforts.
- Oversee company website, blogs, and social media outlets.
- Coordinate distribution of email marketing campaigns and thought leadership materials.
- Support public relations efforts.
- Handle and coordinate legal award submissions including Best Lawyers, SuperLawyers, Daily Business Review, etc.
Operations & Leadership
- Maintain and assess analytics, reports findings, best practices, and recommend course of action.
- Evaluate, migrate, and implement marketing technology systems company-wide, including CRM, market intelligence, email marketing, analytics, etc.
- Responsible for the hiring, management, and direction of Marketing Department.
- Develop and maintain Marketing Procedures, ensure processes are followed and monitor quality control of all internal and external communication.
- Propose and maintain marketing, branding, and business development annual budgets.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- 7-10 years of experience in legal marketing. Creative agency experience a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat skills required. Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign/Photoshop and CRM experience required.
- General understanding of the legal competitive landscape.
- Mastery of the following programs is required: Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Canva, Craft, Google Analytics, Clio or similar CRM software.
- Proven skills writing and producing marketing content is required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, interpersonal communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Jones Foster extends employment only to those who have the qualifications for a long-term career and the ability to function both independently and within a team environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a beautiful work environment.
Interested applicants should submit resume and salary requirements in confidence to Ed Ratka, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.