Legal Assistant – Litigation
Jones Foster is seeking an experienced Legal Assistant to join our West Palm Beach office. This position will provide administrative support to litigation attorneys and paralegals with a high volume work load. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented administrative professional who possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced legal environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing and drafting legal documents such as briefs, motions, complaints, pleadings, subpoenas, affidavits and summonses; formats documents as appropriate for each court.
- Coordinate multi-document filings in Circuit, State and Federal courts, including E-filings.
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files in compliance with firm policies utilizing the Firm’s document management system.
- Transcribing dictation, scheduling, calendaring, time entry and billing.
- Assist attorneys in all stages of litigation cases from onset to post trial.
- Assists with trial preparation, including creating trial notebooks, organizing exhibits, coordinating witness schedules, maintaining trial calendar, and communicating effectively with opposing counsel and courtroom staff.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes.
- Ability to perform tasks utilizing legal office software such as document management.
- Full proficiency with advanced, multifunction word processing software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and PDF programs).
- Type 60 words per minute.
- Experience in Perfectlaw is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 + years of experience in a legal environment or law firm
Jones Foster provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. This is a 36.25 hour per week position. Submit resume and salary requirements to Tami Segal, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.