Attorney - Corporate
Jones Foster is seeking an experienced Corporate Attorney with outstanding negotiation and communication skills and in-depth transactional knowledge of multiple areas of law. As a lateral hire, the candidate should have a transferable book of business. The person in this position will consult and handle various corporate legal processes such as intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, lawsuits, and patents. The candidate must be an organized, detail-oriented professional who possesses the ability to work independently in a fast-paced legal environment.
Must possess a Juris Doctor degree from an ABA-accredited law school and be in good standing with The Florida Bar.
The ideal candidate will have strong decision-making capabilities, a high level of independent judgment, and exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate must have a proven track record of strong legal research, writing, and analytical skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Consulting and handling all corporate legal processes (e.g., mergers and acquisitions, compliance issues, transactions, and agreements)
- Structuring, drafting, and reviewing reports and other legal documents.
- Assessing legal rights and legal risk of various company structures, and making recommendations for corporate, joint venture, limited partnership, and limited liability company options.
- Performing complex legal research and extensive due diligence
- Evaluating current and new projects, partnerships, mergers, divestitures, and acquisitions for potential legal issues
- Giving legal advice to clients on corporate governance, policies, procedures, finances, intellectual property, employment, operations, and regulatory issues, and guiding them toward best practices in corporate law regulation compliance.
- Drafting, reviewing, and modifying contracts, government and financial reports, process and procedure policies, and other legal documents as required.
- Negotiating on the client’s behalf to create, modify, and execute deals.
- Providing legal counsel during legal proceedings, administrative board reviews, and litigations when necessary
- Meeting with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Providing legal advice and support to Jones Foster management team on a range of corporate governance matters, including corporate records, documents, and entities
- Working closely with Jones Foster mergers and acquisitions team on corporate transactions, including due diligence, negation, and documentation
- Researching and analyzing statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; providing written analysis to attorneys
- Developing and maintaining records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases
Education and experience:
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing with The Florida Bar
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in corporate law
- Strong knowledge of corporate governance, including corporate records, documents, and entities
- Strong understanding of regulatory filings and compliance requirements
- Experience with corporate mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence, negotiations, and documentation
- Proven background in corporate law
- Full proficiency with advanced, multifunction word processing software including Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and PDF programs) or related software
Jones Foster provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Interested applicants should submit their resume and salary requirements in confidence to Edwin A. Ratka, Executive Director, at email@example.com.